Monday, June 25, 2012

Hiking to Delicate Arch

I have not properly "hiked" in almost 30 years. I walk. Or do Nordic Trak, indoors, in the air conditioned house. This morning Allen, Claire and I hiked to Delicate Arch in Arches National Park with our friends Steve and Cheryl who are major hikers (they live in Salt Lake City and come here often, as well as lots of other sites in Utah). It was extraordinary. We started at 7:30 to beat the heat though next time we will start at 6:30. Oh, it was 90 at 9:30 when we were coming down.


Driving in.










Claire moving ahead, with two folks with aluminum walking sticks.










Tama of Arabia. My set up for the sun.







































My mountain goat daughter!








Looking over the ledge.






Happy to have made it to the arch.





Allen and Claire are somewhere there...





Cheryl placing a stone at the cairn.





"Petroglyph"





Allen, Steve and I.




1 comment:

  1. Yikes, I got vertigo seeing Claire looking over the edge! What eloquent and sumptuous photos.

    ReplyDelete